Preparing for the Personal Essay
By telling the story that only you can tell, one that is both personal and authentic, you allow the admissions committee to glimpse the person behind all the demographic data, grades, and test scores. And, because of our experiences, we help you to tell YOUR compelling story.
Our editors are former admissions officers from the following schools:
Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Amherst, Duke, Barnard, Penn, Washington University, Colgate, Bucknell, MIT, Case Western, UChicago, Tufts, Boston College, Providence, Siena, UConn, Hobart and St Lawrence.
Which Essay Service is Best for You?
In-Person Essay Assistance (in-person meetings and/or Zoom)
- brainstorming topics
- generating and exploring ideas
- developing themes
- completion of the Common App essay and/or
college-specific (supplemental) essays
Common App Essay Brainstorming, Development & Completion
2 hours of pre-work and 3 hours of private, in-person and/or Zoom meetings – $550
Supplemental Essays Brainstorming, Development & Completion
- 3 hours of private, in-person instruction & development/completion of up to three supplemental essays – $600
- 5 hours of private, in-person instruction & development/completion of up to five supplemental essays – $1000
Virtual Assistance for Essays
Virtual Essay Assistance (review and editing only – no brainstorming, in-person meetings or Zoom)
Virtual essay assistance is sending/receiving your completed essays via email and receiving two edits/comments/suggestions per essay to improve content.
- Up to 2,000 words of essay editing including 2 rounds of edits per essay. Perfect for someone with approximately 1-3 supplemental essays – $550
- Up to 4,000 words of essay editing including 2 rounds of edits per essay. Perfect for someone with approximately 4-8 supplemental essays – $950
- Up to 6,000 words of essay editing including 2 rounds of edits. Perfect for someone with approximately 8-12 supplemental essay – $1,400
Essay Phone Appointment
Do you have questions about a current essay and just need to bounce an idea?
Schedule a one-hour private phone meeting – $250/hr
Choose the Service For You
Ready to get started?
Will I qualify for aid? What is my expected family contribution?
What forms to do I need to complete? What if I don't qualify?
Can my son/daughter take out their own loan?
Is all financial aid negotiable?